I didn't want to full-on dip the model into the can of shader because that seemed wasteful and messy so I gently applied the shader onto the model using an old rounded brush.
I really got a feel for how the shader behaves at this stage, you want to push the pigment into nooks and brush it off from any areas that you'd like to look a little cleaner.
After the dip was completely dry, I finished the model off with some Testor's Dullcote. Here are the results of some testing -
Overall the quickshade is really easy to use, and solid results are very possible with a bit of highlighting and a good matte finish. Im not done experimenting for just the right shade of purple that Im going for, but doing an entire army this way is going to be a piece of piss.
Post a Comment